Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Playing Catch Up

It has been awhile since I have given an update, but unfortunately I have been really busy with school.  I have been gardening here and there, but not as much as I would like. Today I gardened out in the front yard since my mother has asked me to focus more in the front. Also since I need to clear weeds in order to add a few raised beds in front, seemed like a good idea; plus it was a little change of scenery.  Video of front yard soon to come!

Earlier in the day I walked down to CVS, and noticed that they are selling starts already. Seeing this also lit a fire under my butt to get the garden weeded so I can start planning.  This season I am going to have triple the space from last summer. I am utilizing my garage roof, and adding three raised beds( two in front and one in back), its hopefully going to be a good season!

Also I have converted a section of my half bathroom to a vegetation room to start seeds. I have two CFLs to germinate seeds and a heat lamp since heating pads are a little pricey. For sprouts, I have a 48 inch fluorescent fixture.  I am ready to start seeds now.
Front and backyard update coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment